The 2021 Child Tax Credit (CTC) expansion provides a historic opportunity to reduce child poverty in the United States by more than 40 percent.
While most children in the US are in families that will get advance CTC payments automatically, some children are in families that are considered non-filers and will need help signing up for them.
Your efforts to help people get advance CTC payments are essential. Many people will need help to understand their eligibility and to use the IRS Non-filer portal.
- July 15: Advance payments start.
- Mid-August/Early September: Back to school provides a key outreach opportunity.
- November 15: Last day for non-filers to submit their info to the IRS through GetCTC.org.
- Messaging and earned media materials
- Social media toolkit
- Call and text scripts and newsletter copy
- Flyer and postcard
Navigator Training and Resources
Navigators are trusted, community-based guides that help marginalized people get their payments.
- Non-filer Form guide
- CTC Update Portal guide
- Navigator training
Resources for Immigrant Outreach
Immigrants and their families face some of the biggest barriers to getting the Child Tax Credit, stimulus checks, and other benefits. This page has links to various outreach resources for immigrants and their families.