Volunteer Management in These Times
Wed, October 4, 2016 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
The 2016 tax season was a challenging year for many VITA sites. As you prepare for the new tax season, what are the best ways to retain volunteers and recruit new ones in less than ideal circumstances?
Nicole Fiocco, Director of Volunteer Maryland, explains all of this and more. She introduces a growth mindset framework to view past obstacles as new opportunities, and explain how to craft your recruitment message to make tax preparation “sexy.”
Watch last year’s volunteer recruitment trainings:
Part I: Valuing Volunteers
Wed, Oct 12, 2016 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
To effectively recruit and retain volunteers, it’s important to understand what motivates people to devote their time and energy to your cause. Patrice Teetermoran, Director of Volunteer Maryland, explains how to craft your recruitment message to attract committed volunteers and how to create a supportive environment that encourages volunteers to stay year after year.
• Baltimore CASH’s Volunteer Materials
• Canva for creating infographics (learn to use Canva to create social media images)
Part II: What Really Works
Wed, Oct 19, 2016 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
Ever wonder how other free tax programs enlist volunteers? Hear VITA partners share what recruitment strategies have worked for them, where they have recruited volunteers, and how they manage volunteer relations.
• Keely Andrews, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. – Cleveland, OH
• Lauren Schwanz, Uintah Basin Association – Roosevelt, UT
• Sharon Baldwin, Baltimore CASH Campaign – Baltimore, MD
• Baltimore CASH’s Volunteer Recruitment video
• Google Sites
• Community Reinvestment Act
• Volunteer Hub