The American Academy of Pediatrics credits the safety net for aiding the health and development of children and the Obama Administration begins to close the income inequality gap with the help of tax credits.
- The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities reports that the safety net, including the EITC and the CTC, play a significant role in the health and development of children.
- According to the Washington Post, President Obama decreased the income inequality gap through tax changes, which included expanding the EITC and increasing the CTC for working families.
- Residents at a Boston pediatric clinic set up StreetCred, a free tax filing service, at their clinic to make VITA more accessible to patients.
- With almost 1.8 million Georgians experiencing food insecurity, a state EITC could help fight hunger and homelessness.
- In Utah, a state EITC could be the solution to increasing income inequality.